Clutter-Busting Challenge Week #2: This Week's Total - 57

This month I'm joining the clutter-busting challenge hosted by Money Saving Mom.  Crystal is challenging her readers to get rid of 7 things every week day in May.  That's 161 things!  This challenge has not only motivated me to get rid of clutter; but as I'm decluttering, it's also given me the motivation I needed to organize spaces that have gotten a little (ok, a lot) disorganized over the winter.  Here's what I found this week:




Day #4:  I started the second week of the Clutter-Busting Challenge looking for clutter in the kitchen.  I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and I was sure that I wasn't going to find anything that I needed to get rid of.  I proved myself wrong when I discovered that I had 4 sets of measuring cups and spoons!  I also found a straw with no water bottle and a lid that was missing it's container.  An old Christmas container and another storage container were also cluttering up the kitchen.  Total items: 16



Day #5:  I quickly checked the medicine bin and discovered that for some reason I had started a collection of medicine cups.  I also found some medication that had expired.  Total items: 8



Day #6:  I also had quite a collection of magazines; some dating back to 2010!  Believe it or not, they were all free subscriptions and have come in very handy for a few school projects that my first grader was assigned, but it was definitely time for them to go in the recycling.  Total items: 19!



Day #7:  It has been a little over a year since I last organized our coat/shoe closet.  I found winter gear and a few outgrown items to get rid of: a scarf that has never been used, an old pair of hubby's gloves, two mittens without matches, two pairs of outgrown shoes and a pair of boots that have been through three winters and some mud puddles this spring.  Total items: 7



Day #8:  Apparently I have been keeping manuals since before my husband and I we were married and I found many that were for products we didn't even own anymore.  Total items: 7

Week #1 - 37
Week #2 - 57
Total items to date: 94

2 comments :

Latrecia said...

This challenge is awesome! I'm just now realizing how much I've accumulated!

Vanessa M. said...

Oh, me too. When I first started I wasn't really sure I'd be able to find that many things, but I'm already over half way there!