Simply Saving Saturday



**I made Fat Quarter Drawstring Bags for Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes.  I used felt scraps for the  applique and thread from my sewing box.

**My husband took the boys on an "adventure" (this is what my husband and boys call their outings together).  I dropped them off at a snowmobile trail not far from our home and they walked back home following the railroad tracks.  They came home with extra mud and big smiles.  These "adventures" only cost us a small amount in gas, but this special time that they spend with their dad is worth so much more than anything that we could buy them!

**Borrowed several books from the library.  While I was there I found some coupons from the community coupon box that I could use and donated coupons for others to use.

**Made pancakes for the freezer, biscuits and hamburger vegetable soup.

**I bought a 7 lb. whole boneless pork loin for $1.99/lb.  I'll be using some of it in meals next week and some will go in the freezer.

**Used coupons at Dollar Tree to get free soap (+tax).

**Earned $2 from Pinbooster.

**There was a free magazine and a free Nexxus sample in my mailbox this week.

**My husband (who avoids shopping at all costs) surprised me on his day off by taking me to my favorite discount store.  I used some birthday money and bought a brand new Black Paw bag for $2.99 (regular retail $30-$40!) that will be perfect to take on day trips that we have planned for this summer.  I also found fat quarters for $.75 and spools of thread for $.25 each.

**I am slowly working on organizing the boys' rooms (again!).  I found winter clothing, puzzles, and toys that our younger son has outgrown that I am saving for a yard sale at my sister-in-law's house this spring.



Our on-going savings:

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Keep thermostat at 67 during the day and 62 at night.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

**Save bread ends for the freezer.


1 comments :

Blogger said...

ClixSense is a very popular get-paid-to website.