Simply Saving Saturday



*I made a budget-friendly version of my favorite ham and bean soup recipe.  Since it is a large recipe, I put some in the freezer for a quick lunch or dinner.

**When we ran out of ranch dressing I searched the internet for a recipe and was able to make my own with things I already had on hand.

**Borrowed several books from the library.

**I received a Gevalia k-cup sample in the mail that I will give to my sister-in-law to use in her Keurig.


**Our children were given a couple of games this week and we have all had a great time playing together.  It has been nice to "unplug" and enjoy some family time together.


Our on-going savings:

**Follow a weekly meal plan.

**Keep thermostat at 67 during the day and 62 at night.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.


Did you find any new ways to simply save this week?

0 comments :