Recipe: Lime Cheesecake Pops



In order to use up the last bit of lime juice from a recipe I made last week, I came up with this fun twist on my favorite summer dessert.  It's a delicious way to cool off on those hot summer days.

Lime Frozen Cheesecake Pops


Makes: approx. 15 pops
Make ahead:  Freeze for at least 4 hours.

2 1/2 tbs. lime jello
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbs. lime juice
3/4 cup evaporated milk
5 graham cracker squares, crushed or
    1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 tbs. butter, melted

1.  Put lime jello in a bowl and add hot water.  Stir until jello is dissolved.  Stir in cold water and refrigerate for an hour or until completely cool.  While jello is cooling, put mixing bowl and evaporated milk in the refrigerator (this will help it whip up better).

2.  In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and lime juice; add jello and mix well.

3.  In a mixer with whisk attachment or hand mixer, beat evaporated milk in chilled bowl until light and fluffy. Add cream cheese/jello mixture to whipped milk and mix just until combined.


4.  Set popsicle molds or disposable cups onto a baking sheet and pour filling into cups.  Mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter.  Sprinkle onto filling and press down lightly.  If using disposable cups, freeze for 45 minutes to an hour, remove from freezer and insert popsicle sticks.  Return to freezer and freeze until firm 4 - 5 hours.




6 comments :

Melinda said...

YUM, Iwould love if you linked this up to our #kidsinthekitchen series

Leslie Germain said...

These look Yummy. Saw your post on Finished Friday. Pinned these so I can make them. Thanks for sharing.
Leslie

Vanessa M. said...

Thanks, Leslie. I hope you like them!

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Those look amazing!

anyonita green said...

Oh this is clever & fun! I'm sure my toddler will love helping to make this & eating it :) I'm going to pin this to my "Grub for Kids" board. I followed you from the Tempt My Tummy link party. Also, I've just posted my Tasty Tuesdays link party on my blog & I'd love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here's the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/Tasty-Tuesdays-8-features-ad.html

Pint Sized Baker said...

This sounds so refreshing! Pinned :) Thanks for sharing on Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker!