From "Mommy Bag" to Buttercup Bag

When our first son was born, I gave up my stylish, teeny tiny purses for a "mommy bag".  For the last six years I've carried around a big black bag that is almost as big as I am crammed with diapers, wipes, toys, sippy cups, snacks, ointments, extra clothing, a wallet, calculator, coupons, gum, and hand sanitizer.

These days though I can usually get by with just a snack and a few matchbox cars to keep the boys occupied while we are running errands and shopping.  I realized it was time to retire my "mommy bag"  and look for something a little more stylish and fun.

That's when I noticed the free Buttercup Bag pattern from Made By Rae and immediately fell in love with it.






I was a little unsure about making this bag since I don't have a lot of sewing experience besides watching my mom sew while I was growing up.  I'm so glad that I gave it a try!  I love the bright colors and it's just the right size; just big enough for my wallet, coupons, snacks and few small toys.  If you want to give this project a try you can get the free pattern at Made by Rae.


4 comments :

Rebekah said...

Its adorable! You did a great job! And really creative post title too :)

Vanessa M. said...

Thanks, Rebekah. :)

Adrienne said...

So cute! I'm going to make one too. Thanks for the post! I love free sewing patterns. :)

Vanessa M. said...

Free is definitely the way to go! :) Good luck on your purse.