Simply Saving Saturday



There were quite a few nice surprises in my mailbox this week!
  • Free Martha Stewart Living magazine.
  • 7-day Clear shampoo and conditioner samples.  There is a lot of product in these little packets!  I will be able to stretch this to last about 14 days.  This offer is still available on their Facebook page.
  • Lots of great samples from P&G: Pantene shampoo and conditioner, Tide Pods, Tide Boost, Downy Infusions, Downy Unstopables, Crest toothpaste.  I'm not sure if all of the samples are still available, but you can sign up for P&G samples here.
  • Free full-size Lysol Touch of Foam Soap and coupons from BzzAgent.
  • The free Behr paint sample that I won from the Valentine's Day promotion came in the mail this week.  The color turned out to be a very light pink.  It's really white paint with just a hint of pink.  I was hoping to get a red color for some projects in the boys' rooms, but I have some other ideas for using the paint.

**My husband took the children to visit a sugarhouse on Maine Maple Sunday and they were given free ice cream with maple syrup.

**Saved time and money by price matching at Walmart and staying away from the clearance aisles!  Something extra always makes it way into my cart if I browse the clearance aisles.

**I made a meal plan this week!  It has been almost a year since my last meal plan and I had forgotten how nice it is to go to the store with a plan.  Not only does it save money; it also saves time - no more pushing a cart up and down aisles trying to decide what I might need for the week!



**Baked Whole Wheat Apple Oatmeal Muffins this week. 

**One of our children received a free toothbrush and toothpaste from one of his teachers.

**Sent in the Lysol Try Me Free Rebate.

**Signed up for Tyndale Rewards and earned points for a free book.

**Received a $15 credit to Barefoot Books by taking their survey and ordered my older son a birthday gift.  The credit can be used towards shipping and there are several books that can be purchased for no out-of-pocket cost with the credit.  The offer is still available on their website.

**I used Amazon gift cards I earn from Swagbucks and super saver shipping to order two gifts from Amazon.  I am now finished birthday shopping for my older son - 5 months early!  I am very excited to have this done so early since birthdays and holidays seem to sneak up on me and I am always rushing at the last minute to get things done.

Our on-going savings:

**Keep thermostat at 67 during the day and 62 at night.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use cash to buy groceries.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.

1 comments :

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is a very recommended work from home site.