Meal Plan Monday - March 25


 
It has been almost a year since I wrote my last meal plan.  Since I've started living a more frugal lifestyle over the last few months, I'm excited to hopefully save a little bit more at the grocery store by getting more organized in the kitchen.
 
Here's my plan for this week:
 
Breakfast
Cereal
Bagels
Pumpkin Pancakes from the freezer
 
Lunch
Pasta, Veggies
Turkey Sandwich, Carrot Sticks, Pear Slices
Apple Oatmeal Whole Wheat Muffin, Pineapple, Carrot Sticks
English Muffin Pizzas, Carrot Sticks
Dinner Leftovers
 
Dinner
Monday:
     
Lemon Chicken, Mashed Potato, Veggies

Tuesday:
      Beef Stew, Super Easy Whole Wheat Biscuits 
     
Wednesday:
      White Bean Alfredo w/Penne pasta, Chicken and Peas, Leftover Biscuits
 
Thursday:
       Baked Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Veggies

Friday:
      Spaghetti & Meatballs, Garlic Bread
 
**My recipe tips:  Just 1/2 lb. of ground beef made plenty for our family of 4 and I adjusted the ingredients accordingly.  I have also made the meatballs without the parmesan cheese and they are still delicious.

Saturday:
      Leftover Night

Sunday:  
      Ham Dinner


(*) New-to-us recipe

$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning {not to mention some great money-saving recipes!}.

Get more meal inspiration at Menu Plan Monday
 
 

2 comments :

Blair Lonergan said...

Hi Vanessa! I meal plan like this as well and I really think that it helps not only save money, but it also helps to make sure that our family has varied, healthy meals each evening. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Blair at www.TheSeasonedMom.com

Vanessa M. said...

I completely agree that it also helps with preparing a variety of meals. Preparing meals at the last minute was definitely not making our meals very interesting.