Simple Jar Labels


The jelly, pickle and nutella jars I had been saving were perfect for storing my bulk spices, but I also needed to find the perfect labels.  I didn't want a permanent label in case I wanted to reuse the jars and I didn't want to put a label on the lid where it would have been hard to see.



These Avery tags that I used for a yard sale last summer were the perfect solution!  They made really simple, inexpensive labels that are easy to remove and can easily be seen when I open the kitchen cabinet.



I removed the string from the tags and used a ball point pen to outline the tags and label them.  Then I used the string to attach them to the jars.  Yarn, twine or raffia could also be used to attach the tags to the jars.




Linking to these parties

7 comments :

Jenn said...

Cute! Great way to use something you already had :) I use my label maker but this would actually work much better for temporary labels.

Vanessa Moore said...

So far these labels are working really well! Congrats on the new ebook!

Resa @ PitcherAndPlate.com said...

I love these! I'm always making permanent type labels and then wishing I could easily remove them. I can't believe I didn't think of this - but I'm so glad you did, and that you've posted them. You just made my life easier (and cuter)!
Resa ~ Pitcher and Plate

Vanessa Moore said...

So glad I could help! :)

Lisa said...

Simple, creative, and looks great! I really need to do this! Hope you can visit the enchanted oven.
xo,
Lisa

Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com said...

These look so nice. I save jars and bottles, too, but don't want to permanently commit to labeling them because I change things up all the time. Thanks for the great idea!

If you haven't already, I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.

http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-10/

Kristen said...

What a great idea! So simple, but yet they look so cute, and allow you to change jars as needed. I love it!