Simply Saving Saturday




It's often hard to see the tangible savings from the simple things I do every day to save money and I sometimes find myself discouraged with my efforts. Writing down all those little things I do in order to live more frugally has helped me to see that all those little things actually can make a big difference!


Here's how I was able to simply save this week:

--Saved on gas by riding to church early with my husband instead of taking a second vehicle.

--Found ground beef on sale with a store coupon on the package.  Paid $1.90/lb. - regular price $3.49/lb.

--Finished one homemade Christmas gift for my sister, started a couple of other projects.  I still have 4 more Christmas projects to finish!

--Made a yarn-wrapped pencil holder using a tin can and yarn I had on hand.  I will fill it with goodies and give it to my son's teacher for Christmas.  I really liked how this came out and am hoping to share this project next week.

--Received a toothpaste and floss sample in the mail.

--Price matched at Walmart.

--Used a coupon at Walmart to get a small can of baking powder for free.



How were you able to simply save this week?

0 comments :