Operation Christmas Child Update #3: Ready To Wrap and Some Helpful Links


With just a few more weeks until Collection Week, I was able to complete my goal of 10 Operation Christmas Child Boxes for this year!  Some of my favorite things that went into the boxes were flip flops, school supplies, jump ropes, puzzles, fat quarter bags and the soap pouches.  Each box was also packed with toothpaste, a toothbrush, hat, candy, socks, a stuffed animal (every child needs one!) and toys.

 
After reading a comment on a previous post about the need for boxes for 10-14 year old boys, I decided to pack the last 5 boxes for that group of children.  Next year I'm hoping to do more boxes for them.

Since I wanted to keep this project as organized as possible {since getting organized was one of my goals for this year!}, I decided to pack each shoebox and put a sticky note with the gender/age of the child that should receive the box.  I was pretty pleased with how organized it was until I realized that I still needed to wrap the boxes and everything would have to be taken out and repacked! 

Here are some very helpful links for those who are interested in Operation Christmas Child:

Printable Labels
Printable "About Me" Page
How To Pack A Shoebox
Find A Drop-Off Location
How To Wrap A Shoebox {with video}
101 Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Ideas

My OCC Pinterest Board has links to many homemade items that can be included in OCC boxes and Clip With Purpose is also a great place to find many inexpensive, creative ideas for OCC boxes.

0 comments :