Recipe: Strawberry Applesauce

  



Hello, Fall!

The apples are finally ripe and ready for picking.  Is there any better way to use up all those apples than with applesauce? 

How about strawberry applesauce?



Strawberry Applesauce


9 McIntosh apples peeled, cored, chopped
10 fresh or frozen strawberries
1/3 cup honey
2 1/2 tbs. lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Place all ingredients in saucepan and simmer on low for 30 minutes.




For chunky applesauce {pictured above}, mash with a potato masher.  For smooth applesauce, blend in blender.  If needed, add additional honey while warm.  This is delicious served warm.


9 comments :

Kelli Becton said...

oh yummy! I pinned and tweeted this one out for sure- thanks for linking with kids in the kitchen

Jonell said...

Delicious looking and 30 minutes,,I think I could like that!
Thank you for sharing it-neet pics in your header :^) good looking 'models'..

Like Gramma's House
Jonell

Vanessa said...

Thanks, Kelli! Thanks for hosting.

SweetPepperRose said...

Sounds like a wonderfully healthy recipe!
JoAnn

Michelle's Tasty Creations said...

Vanessa,
This looks super yummy! My kids love flavored applesauce so I'll definitely be trying this at home. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share next week. Have a great weekend.
Michelle

madge | the vegetarian casserole queen said...

What a great recipe! My son loves applesauce and strawberries...this sounds right up his alley!

Laura @ Frugal Follies said...

Yum! I have a recipe on my blog for Raspberry Applesauce, but this sounds great, too!

Thanks for linking up with Frugal Food Thursday at Frugal Follies!

Tulip TrueAim said...

This is one of my favorite flavor combos. I buy some of those packs of applesauce and strawberries. Now I can just make it. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

This applesauce looks so yummy and SO easy! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!