Operation Christmas Child Update #2



I'm just about finished with two more boxes for Operation Christmas Child!  If you missed the first update you can read it here.

I was very excited to be able to add a personal touch to these boxes by adding some homemade items!  I'm also planning on finishing up these boxes by adding crayons and paper {waiting for back to school sales}, flip flops {after summer sales} and washcloths.



Both of these boxes are for 10 - 14 year old girls:



Toothpaste - free with coupon
Toothbrush - $.44 with coupon
Deodorant - free with coupon
Soap - free with coupon
Princess Stickers - $.20
Candy - $.35
Comb - $.06
Beanie Baby - $.50
Chapstick - $.59
Pencil Sharpener - $.10
Crocheted Ponytail Holder - $.50 {approx.}
Fat Quarter Bag - $1.50 {approx.}
Pens & Pencils - $.08

Total Spent So Far:  $4.32 x 2


What are your favorite items to put in shoe boxes for 10 - 14 year old girls?

5 comments :

KelseyHomolka said...

Would love for you to shoot me an email on where I could send boxes! I too coupon and find great deals and would like to help out others when I can! Thanks!

kelseyhomolka-keepingupwithkelsey.blogspot.com

Walking on Sunshine... said...

When we used to do these shoe boxes we always included the practical with the fun as well! Great job!

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Your doing such a great job Vanessa! I like the hygiene stuff you put.. very appropriate

Vanessa said...

Thanks, Kelley. My goal is to put toothpaste, soap, a toothbrush and a washcloth in every box. I'm not sure if I have enough fun things in these two boxes though...I'm going to keep my eyes open for a few more fun things.

Jenn said...

I definitely like the idea of hygiene items! How about a notepad that they could write on? It's so nice that you put in some homemade items--that is so special! Thanks for sharing at Thrifty Thursday too!