Meal Plan Monday - May 28

While I was making homemade rolls for the first time last week, I couldn't help but remember the delicious bread and rolls that my mom made for us when we were growing up.

She always set aside a little bit of dough for homemade doughboys fried with butter in a skillet or our favorite not-so-healthy breakfast pizza.  Waiting for that dough to rise was always a good lesson in patience.

This week I learned that not all dough recipes are the same.  While it was very satisfying to make successful rolls for the first time, I was a little bit disappointed that they weren't the soft, yeasty rolls of my childhood.  In the next few weeks I hope to try again and introduce my boys to homemade doughboys--just like my mom used to make.


Here's what's cooking in my kitchen this week:

Breakfast
Cereal
Waffles
Toast, Bananas
Rice Cake w/Peanut Butter
Pomegranate Cherry Smoothie

Lunch
Greek Pasta Salad
Wedge Cobb Salad {great way to use up leftover chicken!}
Tuna Salad & Veggies in Lettuce Leaf Wrap, Applesauce
SunButter & Jelly Sandwiches, Carrot Sticks, Pretzels
Turkey & Cheese Sandwiches, Yogurt, Pear, Goldfish
Dinner Leftovers

Dinner
Monday:  Happy Memorial Day!
     Backyard Hot Dog Roast

Tuesday:
     BBQ Chicken Quesadillas, Coleslaw

Wednesday:
     California Pilaf, Corn On The Cob

Thursday:
     Lemon Chicken, Sweet Potato, Peas

Friday:
     Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread

Saturday:
     Leftover Night

Sunday:
      Soup and Sandwiches


(*) Indicates new-to-us recipe

$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning {not to mention some great money-saving recipes!}.

Get more meal inspiration at Menu Plan Monday

1 comments :

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Love your menu! Checking out the greek salad now :)

Be sure to link it up to my menu post too!