Meal Plan Monday - May 21

The star of our dinner table last week was Lemon Chicken from Annie's Eats.  And let me tell you, the name just does not do this dish justice.  In fact, I almost passed right by this recipe thinking it was just another lemon chicken recipe.  Wow, was I wrong.

I really think this chicken should have been called Out-Of-This-World Crispy Lemon Chicken.  As soon as I find another sale on chicken thighs, you can bet this recipe will be on the menu!


Here's what's cooking in my kitchen this week:

Breakfast
Cereal
Waffles
Raisin Bread Toast, Bananas
Coconut Breakfast Cake

Lunch
Veggie Wraps, Pretzels, Applesauce
SunButter & Jelly Sandwiches, Carrot Sticks, Pretzels
Chicken, Rice, Bean Burritos {using leftovers from Chicken Fried Rice Dinner}
Turkey & Cheese Sandwiches, Yogurt, Pear, Goldfish
Dinner Leftovers*

Dinner
Monday:
     Chicken Fried Rice

Tuesday:
     Honey Barbecue Meatloaf, Baked Onion Rings, Corn On The Cob

Wednesday:
     Island Chicken*, Shoepeg Corn Casserole, Peas, Easy Dinner Rolls*

Thursday:
     Chicken Fettucini Alfredo, Salad, Leftover Dinner Rolls

Friday:
     Leftover Night

Saturday:
     Teriyaki Chicken {Slow Cooker}, Salad

Sunday: 
     Soup and Sandwiches


(*) Indicates new-to-us recipe

$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning {not to mention some great money-saving recipes!}.

Get more meal inspiration at Menu Plan Monday

2 comments :

cozycakescottage.com said...

I've been wanting to try that lemon chicken and those rolls! So glad to see you loved the chicken..now I can go for it! ;) Your menu looks fantastic!

Vanessa said...

Oh, yes, I think that chicken recipe should be on everyone's must-try list! I usually don't cook chicken with the skin on, but I will make an exception for this recipe.

I am making homemade rolls for the very first time this week, so I'm hoping my rolls come out like the picture...:)