Three FREE Learning Sites I Love

aa
a

I love it when my children can have fun and learn at the same time.  Both of the boys love Starfall which teaches phonics and early reading through interactive lessons, games and stories. 

There are also holiday and seasonal activities as well as activities for math, colors, songs and rhymes.  Most of the activities on the site are free, but there are some sections of the site that require a paid membership.






Handwritingworksheets.com is one of the most useful free resources that I have found on the internet.  Any text can be typed into the worksheets and printed for writing practice.  There are three handwriting styles to choose from and four worksheet style options. 

This is not only a great way for children to practice letters and numbers, but also a great resource for Bible verse memorization:



Plain handwriting practice paper can also be downloaded and printed from this site.







There are many, many free printables on Homeschool Creations, but my favorite resource on this site are the literature based printables

Jolanthe has created printable worksheets and activities to go along with some of the most popular classic children's books including The Mitten, Corduroy, The Snowy Day, Goodnight Moon, Blueberries For Sal and many more.  She also has a blog where she shares homeschool resources and information.



What are some of your favorite learning resources?

10 comments :

Brittney said...

Librivox.org has a great selection of audio books that are in the public domain. We like to download new ones for car trips. They have mother goose, poetry, fairy tales, classic books...

I like ixl.com for straight math practice. You can do up to 20 problems per day for free (or you can get a paid membership), but I think 20 problems is more than enough for my 5 year old.

A new one I found is ABCya.com but we haven't tried it yet.

Vanessa said...

Thanks so much for sharing those sites! I'm really excited about the math site since it seems that there aren't as many sites available for math as there are for reading.

I will definitely be adding these to our favorite sites list!

LaVonne @ Long Wait said...

I just learned about Star Fall a couple weeks ago, and I am so glad I found it. I am going to start incorporating Phonics into our schooling here with my 4 year old. She is ready.

I also love Confessions of a Homeschooler. I ended up buying her $10 34 week K4 curriculum for my 4 year old. We love it. She also has an enormous amount of free printables as well.

I am visiting from WFMW today, and so glad I did!

Vanessa said...

Thank you for the curriculum information. I will definitely be looking into that for our youngest for next fall. Thanks for visiting!

Vicky said...

Thanks for these resources. My kids adore Starfall. Such a great place for little ones. I am a new Pinterest follower visiting from Living Life Intentionally. Vicky from Mess For Less

momto8 said...

sound like great sites!! my last son taught himself to read before he was 5 by hooked on phonics.

Vanessa said...

We are big advocates of learning to read with phonics. We have never used Hooked On Phonics, but have heard that it's a great program.

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

This is great! I can't wait to try these sites out! Thanks so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

Six Sisters said...

What a great idea- my daughter is just learning to write her letters! Thanks for sharing at Six Sister's Stuff link Party! Hopefully we will see you next Saturday!
-The Sisters

Fun Frugal Mommy said...

Thanks for linking up to fun frugal friday. I will be featuring your post this friday. Please stop by.