Organize and Declutter 2012: The Bathroom Closet - Before and After

Let me just start by saying that I like to use coupons.  And I really like to use coupons to get free things.  I just can't pass up a free tube of toothpaste.  Or toothbrushes.  Or soap.  Or....well you get the point.  The problem is keeping all that stuff organized.

Our bathroom closet is also the linen closet and the cleaning closet.  So needless to say, this closet was a little cluttered and disorganized:



The previous owners had taken the lowest shelf out of this closet, so the first thing we did was put a new shelf in.  We also took out the 3-drawer storage unit that was storing all the toiletries.

I've learned that one of the secrets to great organizing is storage bins.  So I set out to find the perfect storage bins for the right price and found them at the dollar store.  I brought them home and made some tags for labels:




I also removed the lovely ivory wallpaper with little pink flowers that the previous owners had used to cover the shelves. 

And after some decluttering and organizing the closet now looks like this:




Total cost to organize the closet: $5
The feeling you get when things are organized: Priceless

6 comments :

Walking on Sunshine... said...

That looks so beautiful! I really enjoy organized spaces and seeing pictures of them as well. Enjoy your weekend!

Chrissy said...

I love looking at before and after pictures of organization ideas!! Yours looks great! :)

Vanessa said...

Thanks, Chrissy. One of my goals is to get organized this year, and it is a great feeling to be able to check these projects off my list!

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

I love the look at before and after pictures and I completely agree with using baskets and bins to organize stuff and make spaces look neater.

Thanks for linking up to Finished Fridays @ A Heart for Home.

Carrie said...

It came out great! Now I need to organize my craft area. Want to help?

Thank you so much for sharing at Sharing Saturday! We look forward to seeing what you share next week!

Vanessa said...

Carrie, I'm hoping to get my craft supplies organized at some point this year and if you are looking for some ideas, I've noticed some really creative ideas on Pinterest.