February Fun: Painting With Sponge Stamps



I recently wrote about using sponges to paint with toddlers and Carrie from Crafty Moms Share left a comment on that post about painting with sponge shapes.  I thought that was a really clever idea, and I just had to try it!

I was thrilled to find a package of 6 sponges at the dollar store.  I traced a design on the sponges and cut them out.  And then it was time to paint...





I squeezed a little bit of paint onto paper plates and spread it around so that the boys would be able to get an even amount of paint on the stamps.  We also used star and bird bottle top stamps to add detail to the pictures.




To finish the pictures, we added some wiggly eyes, pipe cleaner arms, foam carrot noses and a construction paper hat.



Pin It

5 comments :

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

So smart Vanessa! Im going to have to grab some sponges.. this looks like fun!

Vanessa said...

The boys seemed to enjoy this project. I was surprised when our 3-year old who isn't usually very interested in painting, was really involved in this activity.

Lulu said...

Oh we have roller sponges we use sometimes but these look so much fun. Love the snowman print!

Visiting from TGIF.

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Ps.. I shared this on twitter!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

Your pictures turned out great - what a fun art project! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you tomorrow =-)
Beth