February Fun: Paddle Balloon Game

a
This week is February vacation week! I've been planning for this school break for a few weeks now and have been looking for some fun activities to do with the boys. I've got lots of activities planned and I'm hoping to share them as the we go through the week.

The idea for this Paddle Balloon game is from Pen n' Paperflowers and I'm so glad I discovered it. The smiles and laughter I heard reminds me again that children do not need fancy toys in order to have fun - all it takes is a paper plate and a paint stick!







To make the paddles, I broke a paint stick in two (or you can use a large popsicle stick) and glued it to the back of a paper plate.













Add a balloon.....













...and two little boys {or girls}.








If you are looking for a new inside activity to do during the long days of winter, you will want to give this game a try!



Pin It

16 comments :

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

This is just brilliant! My kids are going to love it--anything that involves balloons and hitting stuff is sure to be go over well! I'd like to invite you to share it at Teach Me Tuesday (http://PreschoolPowolPackets.blogspot.com)

Vanessa said...

Thanks for the invite. This game has been a big hit at our house - two days later and the boys are still asking to play!

Paula J said...

This looks so fun! My daughter LOVES balloons and would have a blast doing this!

Paula
lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Oh that looks like so much fun!

Helen said...

This is just what we need today...it is a snow day here and this will get the energy out! Thanks...just stopping by from livinglifeintentinally and I really like your blog!

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

How simple and fun! Seems like a great idea for an indoor day :) We are going to try this!

Thank you for linking up to my Friday party.. I love looking through your awesome posts! :)

Mama Jodi said...

So easy, and my kids would love it. That's the perfect combo in my mind.

Mama Jodi said...

Pinned it, by the way. I like to know when people pin stuff, so I thought I'd let you know.

Vanessa said...

Kelley, Thanks for hosting the link party each week and for your kind words.

Vanessa said...

Jodi, Thanks so much for the pin!

jess_hak said...

Oh how fun!! I'm going to have to make this for my little ones. Thanks for the idea!

Jill @Two Yellow Birds Decor said...

That is so fun!! My daughter would love to play this. Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
Jill

Chatty Chics said...

Oh how fun! And what an affordable game for little ones! I can't wait to Jeffrey gets big enough to do this with! Thank you so much for sharing at my place!

Clairejustine said...

This looks great fun :) Thanks for joining us on Creative Mondays,new GFC follower :)

Six Sisters said...

This looks so fun and easy to make! We loved having you join us at "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

What a simple, fun, creative idea! LOVE it!! I featured these at TGIF this week (http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2012/03/tgif-linky-party-19.html) Thanks for linking up & sharing your creativity with all of us!! As this is your second feature I have a special featured again button for you - just email me at livinglifeintentionallyblog @gmail.com for the code =-) Looking forward to seeing what you link up this week!!
Beth =-)