Recipe: Mint Chocolate Hot Chocolate


I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love a cup of hot chocolate on cold days.  

I thought the Andes baking chips that were left over from the Grasshopper Brownies might make a yummy cup {or two!} of hot chocolate and decided to experiment:



Mint Chocolate Hot Chocolate

Makes: 2 servings

2 cups milk
3 oz. Andes baking chips or chopped Andes mints
1 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped


Directions:




1.  Put milk, Andes baking chips and semi-sweet chocolate in a small saucepan. 

2.  Heat over medium-low heat; stirring occasionally until mixture just comes to a boil.

3.  Remove from heat.  Add whipped cream or marshmallows....









The results: Andes mints in a cup = delicious.









Pin It

3 comments :

MrsFoxsSweets said...

Oh my this looks great with the Andes mint chips! I have never thought of that! I am going to pin this, I have some leftover Andes chips myself! Thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

Vanessa said...

I didn't even realize there was such a wonderful thing as Andes baking chips until I started baking Grasshopper Brownies...now I think I'm hooked. :)

Jenn said...

I love that store-bought mint hot chocolate! I bet a homemade version is way better.