Organize and Declutter 2012: Task #1 - Make A List


According to Laura from Organizing Junkie, the first step to organizing and decluttering is to make a list

I love making lists; the Christmas list, the grocery list and the to-do list have all helped me save time and money...except when they get lost in our ever-growing mountain of paper {I just found my Christmas list yesterday}.


So I've made a list of the organizing projects I would like to accomplish this year and I'm putting it here on the blog so that I don't end up spending as much time looking for it as I did writing it. 

  1.  Organize the closet in the man cave music room.
  2.  Create a file system for hubby's music sheets.
  3.  Create a space in the music room for crafting.
 {Hubby doesn't know about this project yet, it's a secret surprise!}
  4.  Organize and declutter the coat closet.
  5.  Organize and declutter the hall utility closet.
  6.  Organize and declutter the closet in Jonah's room.
  7.  Organize and declutter the closet in Ethan's room.
  8.  Rearrange Ethan's room so that there is better use of the space.
  9.  Toys, toys, toys!
10.  Paper piles.
11.  Declutter the counter space in the kitchen.
12.  Make a pantry inventory.
13.  Organize the spice cabinet.
14.  Organize the linen closet.
{I love this idea from Martha Stewart and had another "why didn't I think of that?" moment.}
15.  Declutter and organize the space under the stairs.
16.  Organize the laundry space.
17.  Create and organize a space for recycling.
18.  Organize for a yard sale this summer.

It looks like I've got a busy year ahead!  I can't wait to get started and share some of my organizing projects with you!

6 comments :

Paula J said...

Hi Vanessa! Stopping by from CreateWithJoy's blog hop. I can't make lists because I always lose mine too. Maybe I subconciously "misplace" them :)

Paula
lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

Create With Joy said...

I'm a list maker too. So much so, I overwhelm myself with the depth and breadth of my lists (lol)! But - they are definitely helpful for not only keeping track of what one needs to do and the progress one makes, but also for clearing one's head!

For those - like Paula (above) - who tend to lose their lists (I speak from experience here) - put your lists in a notebook, on the computer, or on a blog like Vanessa did!

Thanks so much for sharing this at Inspire Me Monday! I hope you'll be a regular contributor - and I hope you'll join us for Friendship Friday, which launches later this week, as well!

Ramonha
http://create-with-joyu.com

Vanessa said...

I'm planning on investing in a magnetic memo pad that I can stick on the fridge. :) Thanks for visiting.

MyJourneyBack said...

Oh great post. Thanks for sharing this!
Have a good day,
Sherry

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

Hi Vanessa! Thanks so much for sharing on Taking A Timeout Thursday! I too am a serious list-maker. I'm looking forward to following your progress :) Hope to see you again this week!

Vanessa said...

Hi, Trish! The organizing project is going a lot slower than expected. I'm hoping to share more about that later this week. Thanks for visiting!