Meal Plan Monday - January 9

After a very busy December with two birthdays, a baby shower and three Christmas celebrations, we are finally getting back to our regular routine!

This month I'm focusing on new lunch ideas.  Our three year old is a "grazer" who isn't always excited about eating at the table.  I think giving him more of a variety of foods in smaller portions might help him at mealtime.  For inspiration, I found some toddler lunch ideas at parenting.com.


Here's what's cooking in my kitchen this week:

Breakfast
Cereal
Oatmeal
Toast, Bananas
Blueberry Muffins

Toddler-Style Lunch
1/4 Chicken Sandwich, Strawberries, Yogurt
1/4 Turkey and Cheese Sandwich, Applesauce, Carrot Sticks, Raisins
Vegetable Pasta, Strawberries, Carrot Sticks
Cheese Quesadilla Wedge, Tomato Soup, Carrot Sticks, Apple Slices
Dinner Leftovers, Applesauce, Raisins

Dinner
Monday:
   Sweet & Sour Chicken {crockpot}, Mile High Biscuits, Salad

Tuesday:
    Marinated Chicken, Spanish Rice, Corn

Wednesday:
    Teriyaki Chicken, Slow Cooked Bean Medley, Peas, Mile High Biscuits

Thursday:
     Baked Chicken, Rice Pilaf, Mixed Veggies

Friday:
    Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Noodles, Leftover Biscuits

Saturday:
    Spaghetti

Sunday:
     Leftover Night


$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning {not to mention some great money-saving recipes!}.

Get more meal inspiration at Menu Plan Monday

2 comments :

Amy @ Kitchen and Kids said...

I am so glad I am not the only one with a grazing toddler. No matter what I do she only eats a small portion of her breakfast, lunch or dinner but then wants to graze away from the table.

Thank you for the toddler lunch ideas. I never had this problem with my oldest, by three he was happily eating salads, pita sandwiches, etc...

Vanessa said...

I'm glad these ideas were helpful to you!