Make Your Own Cookie Cutters {templates}



My team is in the Superbowl this year {Go, Pats!!} and so of course I've been thinking football.  Or to be more specific, football food.  And since I have a sweet tooth, I've been thinking about all those football-inspired sweets.  

I thought I was going to make football-shaped whoopie pies, but I just recently discovered The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle and thought this would be the perfect time to try cookies. 

And what does a girl do when she doesn't have any football cookie cutters?  Makes her own, of course!








1.  Save the plastic covers from food containers.





2.  Look for images online or draw your own and cut them out.












3.  Trace the shape onto the plastic cover and cut out.












3.  Cut the shapes out of the dough using a paring knife or a craft knife.








Thanks to Haniela's Food & Photography for the inspiration behind this project.



Pin It

9 comments :

Walking on Sunshine... said...

What a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing!

Aimee said...

Fun idea. Would love to see how your football helmet cookies turned out. :)

Vanessa said...

I am hoping to share them next week!

Amanda Elizabeth said...

That's so fun! GO PATRIOTS!

Karima said...

wow - what a brilliant idea!

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Super smart! I love this Vanessa.. I may use this for my daughters birthday party next month! Thanks for the idea :)

Thanks for linking up to Financial Friday :)

Clairejustine said...

Great idea,thanks for joining us at Creative Mondays :0)

Vanessa said...

Kelley, I would love to see how your cookies come out!

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

What a fantastic idea! So smart :) Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!