Decorate Glass Jars With Puffy Paint (Gifts In A Jar)


When the Gifts In A Jar that I made from recycled glass jars looked a little boring, I decided to try this puffy paint idea that I discovered on Pinterest to make them more interesting.  I loved the results and have added puffy paint to my list of favorite craft products!


What you need:

Tape
Puffy Paint
Waxed Paper
Glass Jars
Cotton Swab or Toothpick
E-6000 Adhesive or other glass adhesive



1. Tape waxed paper over the image and trace over it with puffy paint.    My favorite places to find free images are microsoft.com and dreamstime.com (you have to register in order to have access to free images on this site).



2. Let the paint dry for at least 6-8 hours or overnight.  When it is completely dry, gently remove it from the waxed paper.




3. Use a cotton swab or toothpick to put a small amount of E-6000 or other glass adhesive onto the puffy paint.  Press onto the glass jar and hold it in place for 5-10 seconds.



Fill the jars with a gift and cover the lid with fabric; add some ribbon or yarn and you will have a frugal, unique gift for neighbors, teachers, friends or family!  I filled my jars with French Vanilla Hot Chocolate, but there are many other creative ways to use a jar to give gifts.  Cheap Crafty Mama shared a list of 10 of my favorite gifts in a jar ideas.



Pin It

19 comments :

Art By ASM said...

What an awesome idea! Thank you for sharing!

Our Delightful Home said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

~Mrs. Delightful
ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Ann B said...

Brilliant idea, thanks for sharing - love those snowflakes.
Ann B
#27

ScrappnBee said...

That is SO COOL! I have honestly never seen this before, and it has sent my crafty wheels spinning! Thanks for sharing! -Amanda 29

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That is sooo clever - love the snowflake!
Hugs, LLJ #34 xx

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

nice idea and thanks for the tutorial... wish I had time to try it... xx

L00py's Craft Creations said...

Lovely idea, will have to give that one a go, now where did I put the fluffy paints? erm.........
Bit late getting on this week due to various disasters, but belated happy WOYWW
Lou #102

505whimsygirl said...

Oh wow -- very cool. I haven't heard of puffy paint before...... no, I don't need to try this..... I have plenty of other ideas....... but this would look so nice on my jars........ well, maybe. ;-)

WOYWW #82

May said...

WOW, what a great idea, thanks for sharing, Hugs May x x x x

okienurse said...

great idea! Thanks for sharing it. Have a great week and Happy Holidays! Vickie #35

Vanessa said...

Thanks for visiting. This was fun and very easy to do...the hardest part was waiting for the paint to dry! :)

Annie said...

I'm doing a quick drop in on the WOYWW desks to see what you've all been up to this week. Looks like we are all busy busy this week getting ready for the big day.
Have a great week.
A x
ps if you would like to support me I am looking out for votes for my poppy pic. Please pop over to my blog and follow the links if you have a spare minute.

andthatsfamily said...

These turned out very nice. I love how elegant they look!

adventuresindinner said...

What a great idea and I love the coffee one.

Thank-you so much for joining up to our Pin’Inspiration Thursday Party. Your creativity adds so much to the fun.

Would love if you popped by and grabbed a button :-)

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

WOW!! That looks amazing!! What a very, very clever idea!!!!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Merry Christmas,
Beth =-)

Vanessa said...

Merry Christmas, Beth. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Tanya@takesix said...

What a great idea!!! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Wow that is cool!! TFS Happy WOYWW 132!! I am going to Pin it!

Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin #63

Vanessa said...

Thanks, Shirley. :)