Meal Plan Monday - Nov. 7

We hit a little snag in the meal plan last week when the electricity went out late Saturday afternoon right about the time I was going to start dinner.  We ended up eating out twice last week.  Which also means I spent less time washing dishes. :) {As you can tell, I'm really sad about that}.

There are a couple of recipes that I can't wait to try this week.  The Bloomin' Onion Bread recipe has been in my favorites list just waiting for a great deal on bread.  I finally found some last week and since I love bloomin' onions, but can't bring myself to pay the crazy price at the fair, I'm hoping this will be a good substitution.

I was also intrigued by the Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole recipe which uses sour cream and salsa and so of course, since I love experimenting, I had to try that too.

Here's what's cooking in my kitchen this week:

Breakfast
Cereal
Bananas
Bagels
Blueberry Muffins
Breakfast Sandwiches

Lunch
Turkey Sandwiches, Yogurt
Cheese Quesadillas, Apple Slices
Tuna Salad Sandwiches
Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup
Dinner Leftovers

Dinner
Monday:  
     Baked Macaroni & Cheese, Carrots

Tuesday:
     Shepherd's Pie, Bloomin' Onion Bread

Wednesday:
     Corn Chowder, leftover bread

Thursday:
    Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole, Squash, Peas

Friday:
     Potluck with small group - Jello Salad

Saturday:
     Chicken Fajitas

Sunday:
     Leftover Night

Other: Grasshopper Brownies {sharing recipe on Wednesday!}


$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning {not to mention some great money-saving recipes!}.

Get more meal inspiration at  Menu Plan Monday

1 comments :

shopannies said...

love your menu that bloomin' onion bread sounds awesome come see what we will be having at http://shopannies.blogspot.com