Meal Plan Monday Nov. 21

I mentioned last week that I was going to try the Sweet Potato Crescent Rolls recipe.  It was with great satisfaction that I served homemade crescent rolls at dinner for the first time last week and listened while my family asked for seconds. :)

With my new-found confidence in baking with yeast, I'm going to make Cream Cheese Braids to serve with our Thanksgiving meal.  This is a lot different from traditional rolls, but I thought this bread that is made with pineapple, cream cheese and sour cream would add a special touch to our meal.  If all goes well, I hope to share the recipe this week.

I've tried to keep my meal plan fairly simple this week so that I don't get too overwhelmed with the extra baking for Thanksgiving.  Here's what's cooking in my kitchen:

Breakfast
Cereal
Waffles
Baked Banana Oatmeal

Lunch
Cheese Quesadillas, Tomato Soup
Ham Sandwiches, Apple Slices
Tuna Salad Sandwiches, Yogurt
Dinner Leftovers

Dinner
Monday:  
     Vegetable Fried Rice, Applesauce, leftover Sweet Potato Rolls from last week

Tuesday:
     Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken, Carrots

Wednesday:
     Ham & Cheese Rollups, Peas

Thursday:  Happy Thanksgiving!
     Turkey & Gravy
     Green Bean Casserole
     Corn Casserole
     Cranberry, Ginger, Pear Sauce
     Jello Salad
     Mashed Potato
     Squash
     Peas
     Cream Cheese Braid
     Blueberry Pie
     Pumpkin Pie

Friday:
     Turkey Tetrazzini - My favorite way to use up leftover turkey!

Saturday:
     Leftover Night

Sunday:
     Grilled Bacon & Tomato Sandwiches


$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning {not to mention some great money-saving recipes!}.

Get more meal inspiration at  Menu Plan Monday

1 comments :

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

Yum - I think I'd like to eat at your house =-) I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back =-)
Beth
www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com