Meal Plan Monday - January 3













With so many Christmas parties and family get-togethers over the past few weeks, I spent very little time preparing meals and took a break from meal planning.   I'm very excited to get back to our regular routine and meal planning!  Here's what's cooking in my kitchen this week:

Breakfast
Oatmeal
Waffles
Cold Cereal w/Raisins
Homemade McGriddles {recipe below}

Snacks
Apples
Yogurt
S'mores Goldfish {$1.00 at Walmart!}

Lunch
Turkey Wraps w/Carrot Sticks
Mac & Cheese w/Peas
Grilled Cheese
Dinner Leftovers

Dinner
Mon:     Eating out w/Hubby for my birthday!
Tues:     Chicken Vegetable Soup w/Homemade Biscuits
Wed:     Corn Chowder w/Leftover Biscuits
Thurs:    Heartland Chili w/Garlic Bread
Fri:        Chop Suey w/Salad
Sat:       Tuna Noodle Casserole w/Leftover Salad
Sun:       Leftovers

Dessert
Molasses Cookies
Peanut Butter Balls {it's a good thing I only make these once a year!}

Homemade McGriddles

I love {with a capital "L"} the bacon, egg and cheese McGriddles from McDonald's, but the amount of calories, fat and sodium in those tiny little sandwiches is enough to give me a heart attack without even taking a bite!  My husband {the expert egg chef at our house} made this homemade breakfast sandwich with waffles and eggs that reminds me of my favorite breakfast sandwich and curves my cravings for the not-so-healthy version.

1 or 2 Frozen Blueberry or Cinnamon Waffles
1 egg
1 slice of cheese of your choice {we like to use American}

Toast frozen waffles in a toaster.  Cook egg sunny side up in a skillet with a small amount of butter or cooking spray {you can also add salt and pepper to taste}.  After about 30 seconds, break the yolk with the spatula.  Put waffle on a plate and add sliced cheese.  When cooked through, remove fried egg from skillet and place on top of cheese.  Add another waffle on top to make a sandwich {optional}. 



$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning.

Get more meal inpiration from Menu Plan Monday