Meal Plan Monday - January 24













Have you ever had one of those "ah, ha!" moments when the light bulb goes on and fireworks go off?  Last week I watched Money Saving Mom's 31 Weeks To A Better Grocery Budget: Lesson 2 about menu planning and had one of those moments.    Her "keep it simple" idea was so encouraging to me as I always feel guilty if I don't have a large meal prepared every night for my family. 

So this week I am sticking to the "keep it simple" idea with more simple meals...yes, including hot dogs for dinner *gasp*.  Thanks to some great Uncle Ben's and Kikkoman coupons, I was able to get some very inexpensive rice and soy sauce and I will be making stir-fry more often than usual.  Does anyone have any stir-fry recipes that I could try?  I have a feeling we might get bored with the usual chicken stir-fry.

Breakfast
Oatmeal
Cold Cereal w/Raisins
Bananas
Smoothies
Waffles

Lunch
Tuna Salad Sandwiches w/carrot sticks
Turkey Sandwiches w/Tomato Soup
Mac & Cheese w/veggies
Dinner Leftovers

Dinner
Monday:  Business dinner with hubby
Tuesday:  Hot Dogs w/veggies
Wednesday:  Marinated Chicken {using Ken's marinade--got a great deal at Walmart!}
Thursday:  Homemade Pizza
Friday:  Hungarian Stew {crockpot recipe}
Saturday:  Chicken Pot Pie {using leftover chicken}
Sunday:  BLTs


$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning.

Get more meal inspiration at Menu Plan Monday

0 comments :