Meal Plan Monday - January 10














I had an "uh oh" moment last week when I realized that I forgot to buy pasta sauce during my grocery shopping trip.  Instead of running back to the store, I decided to substitute with things that I already had on hand.  I discovered that a can of tomato paste, tomato soup, and diced tomatoes diluted with a little bit of water mixed with a dash of sugar, garlic powder, and oregano makes a great pasta sauce when you're in a pinch!

Here's what's cooking in my kitchen this week:

Breakfast
Oatmeal
Cold Cereal w/Raisins
Bananas
Glazed Cinnamon Scones

Lunch
Tuna Salad Sandwiches
Turkey Sandwiches w/Tomato Soup
Chicken Nuggets w/Peas
Dinner Leftovers

Dinner
Monday:  Mexican Shepherd's Pie {I use mashed potatoes instead of the pre-packaged}
Tuesday:  Corny Chicken Wraps w/Salad
Wednesday:  Baked Chicken {This is one of my favorite chicken recipes.  The tangy sauce is so easy to make and it is made with ingredients I always have on hand!}
Thursday:  Super Sloppy Joes {I like to use diced tomatoes instead of crushed}
Friday:  Chicken Stirfry w/Rice
Saturday: Pasta
Sunday:  Leftovers or "Breakfast for Supper"


$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning.

Get more meal inspiration at Menu Plan Monday

0 comments :