Meal Plan Monday

Before I had children I was always very organized.  I had lists for everything and always carefully considered every purchase that I made {no impulse buying!}.  Fast forward 4 years and 2 kids later...I am lucky to have a grocery list!  I am now a "grab and go", "fly by the seat of my pants", "wing it" kind of girl.

My current meal plan: about 1 hour before my husband comes home {sometimes 30 minutes!} I run to the refrigerator or freezer {oops, forgot to thaw} take out some chicken, pour some kind of sauce on it and stick it in the oven.  A side dish of veggies and biscuits or bread completes the meal.  I usually alternate that with pasta and a casserole dish.

My husband has never complained about our limited variety of meals, but I definitely need a change!  This week I have found a few new recipes I would like to try and I'm going to try planning our meals for the week.  Doing this will help me get organized in the kitchen and help us save a little more money at the grocery store.

Here is my meal plan for this week:



Breakfast:
Oatmeal
Cold Cereal w/milk
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes from the freezer

Snack:
Fruit
Yogurt
Applesauce
Mini Whole Wheat Blueberry Banana Muffins {recipe coming on Wednesday!}

Lunch:
Chicken Nuggets w/Veggies
PB&J and N&J
Grilled Cheese w/Tomato Soup
Dinner leftovers?

Dinner:
Mon:  Chicken Pot Pie w/Sweet Potato Crust
Tues:  Bacon Teriyaki Chicken w/Vegetable
Wed:  Mexican Pasta Skillet w/Biscuits
Thurs: Marinated Chicken w/Vegetable and Leftover Biscuits {making extra for the freezer!}
Fri:     Chicken Quesadillas {great way to use up any leftover chicken}
Sat:     Savory Pork Chops
Sun:    Leftovers or some easy sandwiches {this is my "day of rest"}


$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning.

Post submitted to Menu Plan Monday

2 comments :

Rona's Home Page said...

Yes, kids do change a person. I actually got more organized after becoming a mom.

Vanessa said...

Wow...that's great! I am really enjoying having a meal plan this week. It is working out so well.

I noticed you had some yummy looking recipes on your site and I loved the pics of your kitchen.

Thanks for visiting!