An Experiment

The idea for this blog came about when my husband and I challenged ourselves to find ways to spend less on groceries and household items.  When our grocery bill started creeping up to $90/week, my husband recommended getting some of our groceries at a different store and I decided that I would start clipping coupons again {I have been doing this off and on for the past couple years}.  I have been amazed at the deals that I have gotten by using coupons and rebates and wanted to share them with anyone who was interested!

We have tried some other experiments in order to save and I can't wait to share them with you!  I am still learning and I hope you will share your ideas too.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hey Vanessa I think this is a great idea! Its also nice to have someone do the research for you and then give you the easy way to do it : )

Meg

Vanessa said...

Well, thanks...I hope you will find some great deals! :)

LeeAnne Perry said...

Cool, Vanessa! I also am a member of some couponing sites. Have you heard of afewshortcuts.com, shortcuts.com, and coupon suzy? They have great coupons/ideas that we use a lot. Shortcuts.com has printable coupons and coupons you can link to your grocery cards. When they scan your card at the grocery, it automatically matches up coupons with your purchases. This way you can stack coupons!

Vanessa said...

Thanks for the info. LeeAnne! We don't have any grocery stores in this area that do grocery cards or double coupons. :( I will be mostly featuring deals from WalMart and Rite Aid since those are my only options here.

Manda said...

This is a great idea for a blog. Hope you enjoy doing this!

Vanessa said...

Thanks, Manda. I do enjoy couponing and am so glad that I can share it with others this way!