Summer Favorites: Chocolate Malt Shake



My dad loved those chocolate malted milk ball candies and I can remember my mom buying a great big box of them for the whole family to share.  This chocolate malt shake reminds me of those days.

I originally made this recipe for my chocolate-lovin' husband, but I enjoy it as well - it tastes just like a malted milk ball in a glass!   It's the perfect dessert on a warm summer night.


Chocolate Malt Shake

Makes: 2 Servings

3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
      or caramel syrup
2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
3 tbs. malted milk powder
whipped cream and grated chocolate, optional


In a blender, mix the first four ingredients until well blended.  Pour into chilled glasses and serve with whipped cream and grated chocolate, if desired.


Adapted from: Taste of Home magazine, Collector's Edition 2000





3 comments:

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Yum yum! I love a good chocolate shake!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

I love the idea of this being a shake! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Looks so good!