Banana Bread Cookies For Breakfast

I've been drooling over these Banana Bread Doughnuts for weeks and I knew these would be a special treat for the boys.  There was only one problem: I don't have a doughnut pan.

Sure, I could have made banana bread muffins.  But who wants a muffin when you could have a doughnut?

And then I remembered using a pastry bag to make the heart-shaped whoopie pies and thought it might work to make doughnuts.  I decided to give it a try this week.


What came out of the oven resembled a pancake more than a doughnut.  My son asked, "What kind of cookies are those?"

And so the boys had cookies for breakfast. 

They didn't seem to mind.

With a little cinnamon icing drizzled on top, it's almost {almost} as good as a doughnut.  The only thing missing is the chocolate chips!


4 comments:

Patricia Purcell said...

I saw the words, breakfast and cookies, together and knew I had to check this out! They look yummy, and I could probably fit some wheat flour into the recipe. Thanks for the idea!

Vanessa said...

Patricia, I did use 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white and increased the liquids just a bit...worked great! To make these even healthier, you might be able to substitute some of the oil for applesauce.

Thanks for visiting. :)

YummyInspirations said...

Yum would be an indulgent breakfast! Would love you to link the post up at my new link party - Breakfast Ideas Mondays - http://www.yummyinspirations.net/2012/04/breakfast-ideas-mondays-1-new-link-up.html

Julie@teachinggoodeaters said...

Mmmm, your picture is making me hungry!!