Meal Plan Monday - February 13

Last week's menu didn't go at all how I had planned, but I was able to try a few new recipes.  The Raspberry Breakfast Bars were delicious, but they were very sweet and I could not imagine eating them for breakfast.  We've been enjoying them for dessert after dinner.

Mini Frittatas has also become a new favorite recipe.  They were simple and delicious and I only wish I had thought of this idea first!  I added onion and green pepper to ours and next time will add a bit of shredded cheese.

For the past several years my husband and I have celebrated Valentine's Day by enjoying dinner with our family instead of eating out.  Since I love to cook, I enjoy celebrating by making his favorite foods.  Chocolate chip cookies for dessert probably seems too simple to celebrate the holiday, but of all the desserts I have made my husband over the years, they are still his favorite.  This year I will making them extra-special by making chocolate chip cookie hearts.


Here's what's cooking in my kitchen this week:

Breakfast
Cereal
Oatmeal
Breakfast Sandwiches
English Muffins, Bananas

Toddler-Style Lunch
Ham & Cheese Sandwiches, Grapes, Applesauce
Pasta, Mixed Veggies, Raisins, Chex Mix
French Toast Sticks, Yogurt, Raisins, Cheese Stick
Cheese Quesadillas, Carrot Sticks, Apple Slices
Dinner Leftovers

Dinner
Monday:
    Chicken Stir-Fry, Salad

Tuesday: Happy Valentine's Day!
    Beef Tips with Mushrooms, Rice Pilaf, Salad, Bruschetta*
    Heart-Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies
   
Wednesday:
     Classic Minestrone {crockpot}

Thursday:
    Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken*, Mashed Potato, Broccoli

Friday:
    Small group potluck. - BBQ Meatballs, Cupcakes

Saturday:
    Leftovers

Sunday:
    Chef Salad


(*) Indicates new-to-us recipe

$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning {not to mention some great money-saving recipes!}.

Get more meal inspiration at Menu Plan Monday

2 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Sounds like a great menu and a wonderful way to spend Valentine's Day!

Vanessa said...

I am looking forward to our Valentine's Day meal...I think it is a great excuse to be able to splurge a little. :)