I just love these magazine holders! Not only is this a quick and easy project, they are a very inexpensive way to get organized using things that you already have in your home.
What you need:
glue runner or spray adhesive
(2) 12x12 peices of decorative paper
other options: fabric, wrapping paper, paint, pages from old books or sheet music
1. Cut the flaps from the top of the box.
2. On one side of the box, make a line 5 in. from the bottom.
3. Using a ruler, make a diagonal line from the line that was just made to the opposite corner of the box. Flip the box over and make a diagonal line on the back. Cut along the lines.
4. Using the cereal box as a guide, trace all four sides of the box onto the back of the decorative paper and cut them out. Tip: before tracing the sides, be sure the paper pattern is going in the direction that you want.
5. I used a glue runner to glue the paper to the box. The trick to using a glue runner is to place the glue strips right on the edges so that the edge of the paper is tacked down really well. If you have a spray adhesive, that would work well too.
6. Add embelishments. I added some matching ribbon to this magazine holder with the glue runner and used a little white glue on the ends of the ribbon to keep them from fraying.