Meal Plan Monday Nov. 14

We tried the Bloomin' Onion Bread last week and it was all I hoped it would be.  I used what I had on hand {yellow onions and shredded cheese} and added a pinch of garlic powder. 

Since I couldn't bring myself to pour a whole stick of butter over the bread, I used half of what the recipe called for.  It still tasted wonderful and satisfied my craving for the real thing.

This week I'm going to try Sweet Potato Crescent Rolls for the first time.  Yeast and I do not have a very friendly relationship; I usually avoid it at all costs.  My family loves sweet potatoes and they're on sale this week, so it seemed like the perfect time to try this recipe.  While I'm keeping my hopes up, I'm also preparing for a total disaster.  I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

Here's what's cooking in my kitchen this week:

Breakfast
Cereal
Bananas
Oatmeal
Glazed Cinnamon Scones - Warning: these are very addicting

Lunch
Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Yogurt
Cheese Quesadillas, Carrots
Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup
Tuna Salad
Dinner Leftovers

Dinner
Monday:  
     Meatless Lasagna Casserole, salad, garlic bread

Tuesday:
     Melt In Your Mouth Meatloaf, peas, mashed potato

Wednesday:
     Chicken Fettucini Alfredo, sweet potato {on sale for $.49/lb. this week!!}

Thursday:
     Sweet & Sour Chicken, rice


Friday:
     Spaghetti, Sweet Potato Crescent Rolls

Saturday:
     Baked Chicken, corn, salad
Sunday:
     Leftover Night


$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning {not to mention some great money-saving recipes!}.

Get more meal inspiration at  Menu Plan Monday

2 comments:

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! Stopping by from money saving mom. Your menu looks great this week. Thanks you for the links.. I love trying new recipes. :)

Vanessa said...

Thanks for stopping by. I also love trying new recipes and try to find at least one new one to try each week! :)